Available in two formats - HTML Text (available for download upon purchase) or Printed Hard Copy. Please select desired issue month(s) and format.
- Looking back at 2002: Birth
control patch; new research showing that progesterone cream protects the
uterus; vindications and ripples from the Women's Health Initiative
Study, predictions, and a wish for a real study on progesterone and bone
An Open Letter to the Women of Marin County: The breast cancer
bogeyman isnt there. Estrogen dominance cuased by conventional HRT is
The Hopkins Health Watch: Prozac for kids, statin lowers LDL but
not the death rate, C-reactive protein predicts some strokes, more on
insulin and PCOS.
Experts in the Field: Dr. Dean Raffelock on postpartum depression,
the baby blues, and why it doesn't work to use SSRIs for treatment.
Letters: The biochemistry of pregnenolone, why high progesterone
in a saliva test, chemo and infertility.
- You have the answers.
- Are You Allergic to Fake Fragrances? Just because it smells good doesn't mean it's
good for you.
- The Hopkins Health Watch: Take your vitamin zzz s; vitamin E foods for
Alzheimers; mother's exposure to POPs associated with testicular cancer.
- Experts in the Field: Robert J. Rowen, M.D. on an herb extract that kills cancer
- Letters: Saliva tests and Medicare; which hormone is the "happy pill"?; will
phytoestrogens block xenoestrogens?
- And Theres More
An overactive p53 gene may accelerate aging.
- Managing stress for better health.
- Nutritional Support for the Adrenal Glands.
- Stress, Fatigue and Cortisol: Use your extra energy to relax!
- A Springtime Reminder about Cleaning Products and Pesticides.
- Electromagnetic fields and pregnancy.
- Picking your salmon to maximize benefit.
- David Zava Ph.D. on thyroid, cortisol and aging.
- Kudos on improved health and healthy grandchildren, abdominal fat and more...
- A French study demonstrates that it's the type of HRT that counts.
- The Princess of Premature Births
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premature Birth: An ounce of prevention can add
pounds to potential preemies.
- Premature Birth and Progesterone
- The Perils of Eclampsia: Theres danger in the disease, and danger in pharmaceutical
- Lobular Breast Cancer Rates Skyrocketing
- Eating Meat and Eggs Does not Increase Breast Cancer Risk
- HRT Does not Improve Quality of Life in Women Without Menopausal Symptoms
- Marijuana Use in Pregnancy May Harm the Brain
- Atkins is Vindicated
- Some Migraines May be Caused by Wheat
- Experts in the Field: Dr. Dean Raffelock on fats, oils and postpartum health.
- Breastfeeding and progesterone use.
- BRCA and hormone replacement.
- Dear Reader: Stories from the road.
- What Women Want to Know: Answers to some questions I get at talks.
- Absorption of Transdermal Progesterone: An excellent new study settles the argument.
- What's the Right Dose of Estrogen? A little goes a long, long way.
- Hopkins Health Watch: Two more reasons to take magnesium; Brain chemicals--to tweak or not
to tweak; oral contraceptives increase risk of cervical cancer;
- Experts in the Field: The FDA is on the move--how you can take action to protect your
- Letters: Does Forteo build bone, prostate cancer, progesterone and birth
control pills, and more on electromagnetic radiation.
- Dear Reader: Censored on PBS
- New Insights on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Is Ciguatera Toxin a Cause of CFS?
- Take Travel Precautions: Pack common sense before you walk out the door and take
along some extra health insurance in the form of supplements.
- The Hopkins Health Watch: An ironic twist to the autism debate; antioxidants improve
vision in macular degeneration; later menopause, longer life?
- Experts in the Field: Jill McLaughlin on Understanding Chronic Fatigue.
- Letters: Does progesterone convert to estrogen; will natural hormones start up
periods again; more on weaning off HRT.
- Dear Reader: A long overdue ban on
- This Is Your Brain on Hormones: Does estrogen prevent Alzheimer's? Whether hormones help or hurt your brain depends on the type and
- The Fundamentals of Optimal Brain
Health: Hormones, nutrients and avoiding toxins.
- The Hopkins Health Watch: Dilantin
decreases estrogen, grapefruit juice increases hormone levels, HRT increases breast
- Experts in the Field: Fluoridation Update
- Coral Calcium: Help or
- Letters: MSM in cream causes rash, can I switch from Premarin to black cohosh?,
histamine and hormones.
- Hormones in dog food may be a good
- The Death of Conventional HRT: Where do we go from here? Three rules for
using bioidentical hormones.
- The Million Women Study: New Insights on Breast Cancer and HRT
- Why you should get some sunshine without sunblock.
- Building an unprocessed food pyramid.
- Experts in the Field: Alfred Plechner DVM on Pets’ Hormonal
- Cyclical epilepsy fades with progesterone use.
- Advice on fibroids.
- Marin County redux on Cape Cod: The
high breast cancer rates in these communities are probably caused primarily by HRT, not toxins.
- A Contraceptive that Stops Menstruation: Will Seasonale be harmful or helpful?
- What the Research on Contraceptive Hormones Says about Safety and Side
- Is the Pregnant Brain Really More Forgetful and Inattentive?
- Seizure Medication and How it Affects Your Ovaries
- FDA Sends Warning on Star Anise Tea
- Teens May Get More Addicited to Nicotine
- Study Shows High Levels of Toxins in Cape Cod Homes: Is this what's
causing the high breast cancer rates there?
- Five Things You Can Do to Avoid Toxins in Your Home
- Progesterone May Help Reduce Hair Loss in Men
- Managing Premenstrual Migraines
- Tweaking the Data to Make Estrogen Seem Safe